Day of Race
Hi Runners and Walkers,
For race day, Saturday, March 2, 2019, we really would appreciate all runners’ and walkers’ consideration of the following information so we can get the race started on time and have everything run as smoothly as possible. Click Here for the map that shows the general layout of the parking area, dining hall (registration site), bathrooms/port-a-lets, start and finish lines. This area is about 1.5 miles past O’Leno State Park’s entrance gate. The speed limit in the Park is 25 mph. Please watch for runners and walkers on the road as you approach the parking area.
1. ARRIVE at O’Leno State Park no later than 7:30 a.m., because we must close the Park’s entrance at that time.
2. PARKING is about 1.5 miles after you pass the Ranger Station. A volunteer will direct you where to park as you approach this area.
3. Check-in for PRE-REGISTERED runners is from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall near the parking area. You will receive your race bib number and t-shirt. Be sure to pick up safety pins from the boxes on the table. Volunteers and signs will direct you from the parking area to the Dining Hall.
4. DAY-OF-RACE REGISTRANTS also register and pickup their race packets from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall near the parking area. If you plan to register on race day, please, before you arrive, complete a Day of Race Registration Form (Click Here for the form) and a check ($25 if over 14 years old, and $10 if 14 years old or younger) payable to Friends of O’Leno, Inc. Also, please check the Friends of O’leno’s website the day before the race to make sure the race has not reached its 300 registrants limit.
5. Please pin your BIB NUMBER on the front of your shirt and don’t fold, bend or remove anything from it. This will allow the disposable “chip” on the back of it to record your race time correctly.
6. Soon after the start of the race, the course will be divided to give runners coming back to the finish line a clear lane to run in. Please stay to the side of the road facing traffic as indicated by the arrows. The Park’s gate will reopen at around 8:30 a.m. so there is a chance a vehicle may be entering or leaving the Park before you finish the race.
7. WATER & GATORADE stations will be near the Ranger Station which is about 1.5 miles from the start and at the finish line. Water, Gatorade, and juice will also be available in the Dining Hall before and after the race.
8. In addition to the permanent park bathroom, one PORTALET will be near the start.
9. Restrictions – For the safety of all: no pets, bicycles, skateboards, or skates allowed on the course. Strollers are permitted.
10. A park ranger will be patrolling the course to provide assistance to anyone who needs help.
11. PARTIAL RACE RESULTS will be posted on the Sponsors’ Board in the Dining Hall at about 8:45 a.m. and final results about 10 minutes after the last person finishes. Also, results will be available online at www.milestoneraceauthority.com/past-race-results/ and friendsofoleno.org by race day evening or earlier. Results may also be viewed on the kiosk at the finish line.
12. The AWARDS CEREMONY will start at 9:15 a.m. in the Dining Hall (registration site) and begin with a drawing for door prizes based on bib numbers. If you win an award but can’t stay for the awards ceremony, please make arrangements for someone to pick up the award for you.
13. Race day PICTURES will be on the Friends of O’Leno’s website as soon as we can organize them and upload them to our photo sharing website…usually by the end of April.
14. CARPOOLING is greatly appreciated.