Day of Race
Hi Runners and Walkers,
For race day, Saturday, March 2, 2013, we really would appreciate all runners’ and walkers’ consideration of the following information so we can get the race started on time and have everything run as smoothly as possible. Click Here for the map that shows the general layout of the parking area, dining hall (registration site), bathrooms/port-a-lets, start and finish lines. This area is about 1.5 miles pass O’Leno State Park’s entrance gate. The speed limit in the Park is 25 mph. Please watch for runners and walkers on the road as you approach the parking area.
1. ARRIVE at O’Leno State Park no later than 7:30 a.m., because we must close the Park’s entrance at that time.
2. PARKING is about 1.5 miles after you pass the Ranger Station. A volunteer will direct you where to park as you approach this area.
3. PACKET PICKUP for PRE-REGISTERED runners is from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall near the parking area. The packet includes your race bib number with safety pins, t-shirt, and other items. Volunteers and signs will direct you from the parking area to the Dining Hall.
4. DAY-OF-RACE REGISTRANTS also register and pickup their race packets from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall near the parking area. If you plan to register on race day, please complete a Day of Race Registration Form (Click Here for the form) and a check ($25 if over 14 years old and $10 if 14 years old or younger) payable to Friends of O’Leno, Inc. before you arrive. Also, please check the Friends of O’leno’s website the day before the race to make sure the race has not reached its 300 registrants limit.
5. Pin your BIB NUMBER on the front of your shirt or shorts so that finish line personnel can read the number. DO NOT REMOVE the tag on the bottom of your bid number. Someone will tear the tag off your bib number after you cross the finish line.
6. As soon after the start as possible, we ask that all walkers move to the side of the road facing traffic. The Park’s gate will reopen at around 8:30 a.m. so there is a chance a vehicle may be entering or leaving the Park before you finish the race. Also this gives runners coming back to the finish line a clear lane to run in.
7. WATER & GATORADE stations will be near the Ranger Station which is about 1.5 miles from the start and at the finish line. Water, Gatorade, and juice will also be available in the Dining Hall before and after the race.
8. Cross the FINISH LINE only ONCE. Please don’t cross it a 2nd time with a friend or child.
9. A park ranger will be patrolling the course to provide assistance to anyone who needs help.
10. PARTIAL RACE RESULTS will be posted on the Sponsor’s Board in the Dining Hall at about 8:45 a.m. and final results about 10 minutes after the last person finishes. Also, final results will be at J7Sports.net by race day evening or earlier and at Active.com as soon as possible.
11. The AWARDS CEREMONY will start at 9:15 a.m. in the Dining Hall (registration site) and begin with a drawing for door prizes. If you win an award but can’t stay for the awards ceremony, please make arrangements for someone to pick up the award for you.
12. Race day PICTURES will be on the Friends of O’Leno’s website as soon we can organize them and upload them to our photo sharing website.
13. CARPOOLING is greatly appreciated.